- Let's talk about your project!
“Laura has a gift for the English language, and a perceptiveness for targeted marketing copy, that were wonderful to work with, any time I needed her skill. She's great to work with, always on deadline, and I'd use her again in a heartbeat.”
-Jim Davis (no relation!)
- “Laura is extremely conscientious, professional, and reliable. Even when given difficult deadlines and last minute requests, she has done extremely thorough, high quality work. I recommend her without reservation.”
"In my capacity as a researcher, I have utilized Ms. Davis on the development and editing of my research writing. During this time I have consistently admired her personal integrity, sensitivity toward my topic, as well as her scholarship and professionalism.
Never satisfied with the average or mediocre, Laura continually strives to achieve the exceptional by adhering to high personal standards and has great insight. She is always responsible, reliable, and timely. Ms Davis demonstrates a good fund of knowledge in her chosen field and thus she is accurate with proofreading and formatting.
Because Ms. Davis demonstrates a superior ability to communicate effectively and interact in a professional and positive manner, I highly recommend her to you for her outstanding professional capabilities and personal qualities, as well as her commitment."
Bettye Ford, M.A.
Researcher & Psychotherapist
- "I hired Laura to update the main page of our company website. She knew just the right questions to ask and she got me to give her the right information to write up our business like a local. The project was done fast at a fair price, and most of all, it said exactly what I would have said about the company if I could have found the words."
Stewart Builders, LLC
“Laura worked for me doing an important long-term project to radically improve our content and sales. She was an invaluable asset, always ahead of deadline, never complaining about what she had to work on, and independently motivated. I never had to chivvy or bug her to finish a project, and her work was always letter-perfect and on target."
-Jim Davis (no relation!)
- "Laura Davis has a gift for the written word that goes beyond simply knowing how to turn a phrase and make it fit. There's no learning curve with her. She just gets it, and you're off and running and getting things done - she often comes up with solutions and ideas that never occurred to you in the first place. A true professional, Laura makes things just happen, the right way and the first time."
Owner & General Manager
"Laura Davis has been one of our most reliable writers, who researches her subject intensely before putting her words together -- brilliantly! I look forward to her next article as soon as I have finished reading the previous one."
- “I hired Laura to help me develop and edit my novel. She listened to my voice in the content, and made suggestions that helped me keep that voice true while still improving my work. She developed a feel for each character and their dialog, and helped me keep them true to how I had envisioned them. But more importantly to me, as a writer, she helped me find the places where the plot and the pace lagged, and made suggestions that gave my book the pulse it needed.”
-Ben Reeder, author
“Laura read and critiqued my 250 page manuscript and her insight was incredibly helpful in helping me edit my own work. She read each page and had substantive comments to offer. She was also timely and did not overcharge me. I highly recommend her and will use her again in the future.”
-Terry Weber, author
- If I had to get something right, I would want Laura on my team. I value her thoughtful approach and passion for excellence which she brings to her work. It is not common to find someone who can grasp the big picture and, at the same time, deliver on the details in the smaller pictures too in a cohesive manner as she does. Laura helps make any effort have a better result.
Roanen Barron, Sales, Marketing & Leadership Consulting
Tag Archives: LATFOB
The Divergent discussion at the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books this past weekend was quite an experience! The event was billed as Leigh Bardugo (author of the Grisha YA fantasy trilogy) interviewing Veronica Roth about her young adult (YA) novel Divergent, which was recently made into a … Continue reading
At the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books (LATFOB) this past weekend, I got a chance to sit in on a panel moderated by Pamela Ribon, with John Scalzi and Jon Shestack discussing the progression of Redshirts from John Scalzi’s brain to … Continue reading
It was a gorgeous day at USC yesterday, as the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books (LATFOB) kicked off! The Trojan marching band got everything off to a lively start, and the truly amazing variety of books and book related … Continue reading
It’s April once again, and book fans from all over are getting ready for their weekend of glory: the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books (LATFOB), the nation’s largest consumer book festival. LATFOB is held on the beautiful campus of USC, … Continue reading
That’s it for LATFOB 2013. What a dizzying assortment of books, talks, characters and people! The Trojan marching band was spectacular despite the heat, and it seemed that after a week of heartbreaking and terrifying news, everyone was ready to enjoy … Continue reading
The folks at Bitingduck Press took Earth Day seriously. Very seriously. Editor-in-Chief Jay Nadeau and Technology Director Chris Lindensmith decided to combine their weekend as vendors at the L.A. Times Festival of Books with observing Earth Day. To that end, they hitched … Continue reading
As the crowd settles in for John Scalzi’s talk at the L.A. Times Festival of Books 2013, Richard Kadrey begins his introduction, “John Scalzi, [session number] 2064, Richard Kadrey…” Scalzi interjects, “Isn’t there a video game, Robotron 2064, something like … Continue reading