- Let's talk about your project!
“Laura has a gift for the English language, and a perceptiveness for targeted marketing copy, that were wonderful to work with, any time I needed her skill. She's great to work with, always on deadline, and I'd use her again in a heartbeat.”
-Jim Davis (no relation!)
- “Laura is extremely conscientious, professional, and reliable. Even when given difficult deadlines and last minute requests, she has done extremely thorough, high quality work. I recommend her without reservation.”
"In my capacity as a researcher, I have utilized Ms. Davis on the development and editing of my research writing. During this time I have consistently admired her personal integrity, sensitivity toward my topic, as well as her scholarship and professionalism.
Never satisfied with the average or mediocre, Laura continually strives to achieve the exceptional by adhering to high personal standards and has great insight. She is always responsible, reliable, and timely. Ms Davis demonstrates a good fund of knowledge in her chosen field and thus she is accurate with proofreading and formatting.
Because Ms. Davis demonstrates a superior ability to communicate effectively and interact in a professional and positive manner, I highly recommend her to you for her outstanding professional capabilities and personal qualities, as well as her commitment."
Bettye Ford, M.A.
Researcher & Psychotherapist
- "I hired Laura to update the main page of our company website. She knew just the right questions to ask and she got me to give her the right information to write up our business like a local. The project was done fast at a fair price, and most of all, it said exactly what I would have said about the company if I could have found the words."
Stewart Builders, LLC
“Laura worked for me doing an important long-term project to radically improve our content and sales. She was an invaluable asset, always ahead of deadline, never complaining about what she had to work on, and independently motivated. I never had to chivvy or bug her to finish a project, and her work was always letter-perfect and on target."
-Jim Davis (no relation!)
- "Laura Davis has a gift for the written word that goes beyond simply knowing how to turn a phrase and make it fit. There's no learning curve with her. She just gets it, and you're off and running and getting things done - she often comes up with solutions and ideas that never occurred to you in the first place. A true professional, Laura makes things just happen, the right way and the first time."
Owner & General Manager
"Laura Davis has been one of our most reliable writers, who researches her subject intensely before putting her words together -- brilliantly! I look forward to her next article as soon as I have finished reading the previous one."
- “I hired Laura to help me develop and edit my novel. She listened to my voice in the content, and made suggestions that helped me keep that voice true while still improving my work. She developed a feel for each character and their dialog, and helped me keep them true to how I had envisioned them. But more importantly to me, as a writer, she helped me find the places where the plot and the pace lagged, and made suggestions that gave my book the pulse it needed.”
-Ben Reeder, author
“Laura read and critiqued my 250 page manuscript and her insight was incredibly helpful in helping me edit my own work. She read each page and had substantive comments to offer. She was also timely and did not overcharge me. I highly recommend her and will use her again in the future.”
-Terry Weber, author
- If I had to get something right, I would want Laura on my team. I value her thoughtful approach and passion for excellence which she brings to her work. It is not common to find someone who can grasp the big picture and, at the same time, deliver on the details in the smaller pictures too in a cohesive manner as she does. Laura helps make any effort have a better result.
Roanen Barron, Sales, Marketing & Leadership Consulting
Author Archives: laura
Geeks of a different stripe turned out en masse this weekend at the Hollywood opening of Cat Art Show Los Angeles. And like any other geekable topic, cats brought out the geeky camaraderie among many attendees. The wait to get into … Continue reading
It was a lively crowd that turned out for the Los Angeles Cat Art Show opening Saturday night. People from all walks of life – singles, families with small children, older couples – and everyone in between showed up, many … Continue reading
We at Krypton Radio would like to wish David Gerrold a very happy 70th birthday! Gerrold is an icon in the sci-fi community, known for his work as a screenwriter and novelist. When I contacted Gerrold for an interview for this article, … Continue reading
On this date in 1920, Jackson DeForest Kelley was born in Atlanta, the son of a Baptist minister. I spoke with Bjo Trimble — best-known in fandom as “The Woman Who Saved Star Trek” – who was a long-time friend … Continue reading
Once again, science is taking a stab at catching up with science fiction. In an ambitious undertaking, the Human Brain Project (HBP), an international … well, brain trust, under the direction of renowned neurology researcher Henry Markram, plans to create … Continue reading
There’s no substitute for experience I understand that when you hire a writer for your business, you need more than good language skills. You’re looking for a writer who understands business and doesn’t need a lot of hand-holding to get … Continue reading
When you hire a technical editor, you need a lot more than simple copyediting and proofreading. You need an editor who can understand the content and goals of your document and offer substantive comments and queries to improve the readability … Continue reading
Keeping fresh content on your website is a challenge, yet your search rankings depend on it. Attaching a blog to your site is a smart way to build your audience, get them interacting with your content, and establish your business … Continue reading